How did the readings influence your perception of your own clinical decision-making? How do we reconcile the value of nursing experience with known heuristics and biases used in human decision making?
As I was reading the articles I could not believe how high the statistics were for filling the gap nursing. In everyday practice nurses are required to be extremely versatile and all knowing. There are several times when I am the “begin and end all” of care for my patients. There are many of nights when I call a doctor and ask for directions and am told do whatever until their regular doctor is back in the morning. Without a firm nursing base this would be an impossible task. Now it make me a little unsure of my skill due to the readings stating there is not much value in nursing experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment